In 1921, our founder, Billy Ingram turned $700 and one simple idea – “happy employees make happy customers” – into one of America’s great success stories. Nearly a century has passed since the first White Castle restaurant opened in Wichita, Kansas. A lot has changed since then. Today, almost 10,000 team members happily create memorable moments, by sharing our world-famous Sliders with a nation of Cravers, from over 400 White Castles across the country.
But much has stayed the same. At White Castle, our company and our culture are and aim always to be:
- Family-owned: Nine fourth-generation family members still leading our business today
- Award-winning: Proud recipients of the People Report Best Practices Award (multiple years), recognizing superior performance amongst member restaurant companies
- Socially-responsible: Strongly committed to diversity and sustainability
- Community-minded: Dedicated to improving the areas where we live, work and serve by pledging our time, talent and treasures to make a difference in the lives of others
- Team Member-friendly: Doing everything we can to help our team members thrive personally and professionally, including resources like our Castle Shares Relief Program and the Ingram-White Castle Team Member Scholarship
Hungry for more? Read the full White Castle story